- 1000th new wagon marks significant milestone for KiwiRailRead More
- New "Expect Trains" Campaign launchedRead More
- New fuel trialled to improve sustainablityRead More
- New Interislander ferry to be named KaiarahiRead More
- Switch off on the beach NOT at level crossingsRead More
- KiwiRail confirms Arahura replacementRead More
- Kaimai Tunnel upgrade requirements to be identifiedRead More
- Wanganui forestry businesses on trackRead More
- Arahura to be dry-docked at DevonportRead More
- Rail Safety Week 11–17 August 2014Read More
- Welcome home, AratereRead More
- KiwiRail moves Christchurch bikes to DunedinRead More
- Aratere has departed SingaporeRead More
- Celebrating 150 years of Rail in NZRead More
- CT Site Wanganui relocation to Gilberd StreetRead More
- New rolling stock order confirmedRead More
- Cat-in-the–box Chiefie reunited with familyRead More
- Palmerston North train unlocks possibility for ‘super’ freight service to ChristchurchRead More
- New Rolling Stock proves its worthRead More
- Longer log trains running on key forestry routeRead More
- New lease on life for popular wagon classRead More
- Steel Wheels - demonstrating the value of railRead More
- Youngest train driver takes first soloRead More
- KiwiRail wins business from courier companyRead More
- Further investment in rail line between Hamilton and TaurangaRead More
- KiwiRail to begin new log service to Wellington from WairarapaRead More
- Freight growth continues but decrease in full year results forecastRead More
- Take care at level crossings along busy train lineRead More
- KiwiRail continues to build a stronger foundation for the futureRead More
- KiwiRail sees strong growth at Southdown Freight TerminalRead More
- Getting closer to customersRead More
- Log carrying capacityRead More
- Order placed for more new locomotivesRead More
KiwiRail has a dedicated customer services team, to help with
all your freight requirements. Whether you need more information
about our services and products or help with making a booking or
tracking your freight, they can be reached 24 hours a day, seven
days a week by phone or email.
Customer Services: 0800 351 351 (or Auckland 09 363 5974)
To view our CT opening hours for 24th October 2016, Labour Day, please click here
Contact a member of our commercial sales team to find out how KiwiRail can solve your freight transport needs.
8-14 Stanley Street
For more information about wider KiwiRail business activities please visit www.kiwirail.co.nz
Click here to make a booking
Find our collection sites here
Lodge a Freight Claim
If your freight is damaged in transit whilst under the care of KiwiRail we may, subject to the terms and conditions of our carriage, consider a claim for damage.
In the first instance contact the KiwiRail Service Centre on 0800 351 351 or your Key Account Executive and advise them of the damage.
Written notice of any claim against KiwiRail must be received within 30 days after the Delivery Date or Collection Date as applicable. In the case of temperature controlled freight, the notice must be received within 7 days.
If submitting a claim you are advised to complete a "Claim Application
Clearly show your consignment note number and attach any relevant supporting information such as proof of value.
When you have filled in the Claim Application Form, send it to the Claims
Supervisor, KiwiRail, Private Bag 92138, Auckland Mail Centre.